one of our greatest desires, not only for women but also for men, is to reduce the waist and have a flat stomach. Not only for aesthetic reasons. The abdominal distension is very annoying and fat which accumulates on the perimeter of the abdomen is dangerous to health.
It is one of the causative factors of the so-called metabolic syndrome, a set of pathologies that increases the risk of suffering from diseases such as diabetes and heart. Therefore, it is important to get rid of that fat, as far as possible, naturally. That is, with exercises to reduce waste and diet that does not contribute to our body to accumulate more fat. The personal coach of Zagros Sport, Roberto Crespo, gives us the keys to perform these exercises.
What exercises reduce the waistline
Ideally, combine aerobic or resistance training with strength exercises a minimum of three days a week plus an active rest for the rest of the week. If we are constant, we will burn abdominal fat in three months.
Start with 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise. You can run, cycle on an exercise bike or elliptical at a moderate to intense pace. That is, do not drown to the point of having to stop, but feel that it is difficult for you to speak.
Continue with 30 minutes of strength. The goal is to work with the abdomen and the different muscle groups. These training sessions, also, will accelerate the metabolism to promote greater burning of calories and fat.
Keep the record. It is important that you be consistent since strength training requires that it be done regularly. See that in approximately 12 weeks you are achieving the result you expect, it will be enough motivation for you to continue training.
Exercise routine to activate the abdomen and burn abdominal fat
It is not necessary that you go to a sports center to perform strength exercises. However, it is convenient that, at least at the beginning, a personal trainer tells you how to do them correctly to avoid the risk of injury.
Griddle. It is the most effective exercise to burn fat located in the abdomen area. It consists of placing the body horizontally concerning the ground. Eye, it is not a flexion: the weight rests on the forearms on and on the toes.
- What is activated? When done correctly, the abdomen area is activated, lumbar the buttocks and legs.
- Repetitions Make five sets of 30 seconds each and rest 30 seconds between sets.
- Variant. If the lower back bothers you or you can’t stand such force on your arms, you can support your knees.
Squats. It is one of the most important exercises to burn general fat and, therefore, localized, since it involves a large number of muscle groups.
- How to do it. Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and pretend to sit down, lowering your body at a 90-degree angle with your knees.
- Increase in intensity. Hold the posture with your knees bent for 20-30 minutes.
Lounge or stride. Stand up, with your legs open shoulder width, and move one leg to a 90-degree angle with the knee while the body descends vertically. After a few seconds holding the posture, it returns to the initial position. Then change legs.
- You will activate it. The quadriceps, buttocks, and abs.
- To not injure you. Keep your back straight and your hip level.
Deadweight. The width of the shoulders begins with the legs open and the knees are kept slightly bent throughout the work. From here, a hip flexion or bow is made by bringing the arms to an intermediate point between the knees and ankles. You should always descend with your back straight to avoid injuries and ascend by making forces from the abdomen, where we want to focus on the effectiveness of the exercise.
- You will strengthen. The core musculature or central area of the body.
- With weight. To increase the intensity of the exercise, you can help yourself with a bar or dumbbells.
Climbers Rest your hands on the floor and stretch your legs parallel to the floor, as if you were going to make iron, with your back straight. From this initial position, they bring the knees to the chest alternately, one at a time. Keep the movement for one minute without altering the rhythm.
Burpees. It is the most complete and intense exercise. Together with all the muscle groups involved, the abdomen is activated very intensely. This is the sequence of movements that you must repeat for a minute and without rest:
- An initial squatting position with hands on the floor and head up.
- Shift your legs back with your feet together and perform a chest flexion or bottom.
- Pick up the legs back to the starting position.
- Lift the whole body in a jump and slap.
You must repeat the exercise a total of 3 sets of 12 repetitions each, with a break of 30 seconds between sets and 60 seconds between each exercise.
- Increase in intensity. You can enter dumbbells or weights. However, it is not recommended that you do so in the first training sessions.
“On active rest days, on days we will not perform strength exercises, we can choose to jog, ride a bike or swim for 30 to 60 minutes. Cardiovascular exercise of moderate-intensity that will keep our body active ”indicates the coach of Zagros Sports.
What to eat for a flat stomach
In addition to these exercises, diet is essential to reduce waistline and burn abdominal fat. These tricks will help you:
1. Eat more whole fruit and fewer shakes, to take advantage of the fiber in food.
2. Avoid carbonated drinks, produce abdominal swelling.
3. The gum swells, since chewing it swallows air.
4. Avoid sugar and sweeteners, since the latter is also very difficult to digest.
5. Chew and eat slower to avoid swelling.
6. Drink a lot of water, since it contributes to the elimination of liquids.
7. If you suffer a lot of gas, bloating and pain, go to the doctor. You could have a food intolerance.